Sharing my JOURNEY....

Monday, September 12, 2016

Challenging my faith

Growing up in a strict Catholic household, my mother always was faithful in her beliefs, and living a religious lifestyle. Of course as a rebellious youth, I fought her on everything. I didn’t want to go to church on Sundays; especially Korean church. Ugh! No, please don’t make me!

It was only when I became a teenager, I willingly made the decision to choose Christianity. I fell in love with a local church (His Place) and the people involved within this community. Until one incident occurred back in 2001 that rocked my world; my beliefs.

Since that incident, my beliefs have shifted. I no longer believed in labels. I felt strongly that there was a higher power but to label it GOD was something I couldn’t stand behind any longer. However, from time to time I found myself praying. Asking the higher powers that be to assist me in one way or another. I found myself swaying to call upon GOD. It never felt right to say “higher power” --Dear Higher Power… no, it just didn’t work. I found myself, fighting myself on this belief that I had set for myself. Until now.
 
Just recently, I’ve been awakened to feel the love within, and understand that the higher power and god are one in the same. I have no idea why I was fighting this concept as I called “labels” but it feels good to just allow it to be what it is.

With all the love I have in my heart and soul, I understand that sometimes the concept(s) I’ve set for myself could be limitations or someone else’s beliefs. Staying true to my essence, spirit and love will lead the way. Lead me toward the path in which I’m to follow and trust the process.

Thank you for the true awakening!

No comments: