Sharing my JOURNEY....

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The “To do” list



I cannot wait until I get things done on my, to do list but it seems that I knock one thing off and another pops up!

Replacing the fascia on my roof due to the screened in porch being replaced, reveals more termite damage, and active termites. It’s a good thing I had the house sprayed for termites back in September/October and it’s guaranteed for one year! So thankful for that. Now I will make it a priority to replace all the fascia in the next 6 months to ensure there are no more active termites.  –One more thing to add to my… to do list.

Some days I wonder why I bought my house. I knew it was going to be a project house, and I never even imagined how much of a project house. BUT then a visitor comes to my door… back door actually! It’s a huge turtle. She started digging a hole at the edge of my door, by the screened in porch to lay her eggs. I had to move her since where she was digging a hole, right in the middle of where the guys will be digging to repair/update my pool. I didn’t want to kill those precious unborn babies.  

At that moment, I found solace in my decision. Besides, it’s so peaceful at my house. The multitude of different birds, fish and the gigantic iguana who lives in my tree; I think he is loving my compost pile. Why leave when all he needs is right there. Right?

Makes my to do list worth every day that I’m working hard to make this house my home.

No comments: