Sharing my JOURNEY....

Friday, February 19, 2016

SRI -Oh, how I flee

What is SRI? ------Well it stands for Somato Respiratory Integration                              SRI is something I am learning about. I’ve practiced a little, but I am really setting my focus to truly practice this. I’ve been given the gift, why not use it!

I can remember a time, most my life really -- many, many years ago, that I never breathed as if my life depended on it. Of course I breathe; breathing is a natural unconscious behavior that happens without any effort. But, I never truly breathed; deep consciously connected breathe-- taking in a breath and really feeling the… movement, breath, and energy. I’ve felt glimpses when I was working with a SRI facilitator, but at that moment in life… I was really in my head thinking... 

“Am I doing this right?”
“Is this what I’m supposed to be feeling?”
“What does she mean by feel the movement, breath, and the energy will just follow”

For me, during this last gate, I learned that I am in denial. I’m denying myself the deeper connection that my heart so desires. I’ve been telling myself that I’m good. But, really I’ve discovered that I’m not. I’m listening to my mind. -B-U-T- my heart desires are getting louder and louder; its starting to yell “stop running away” --Face it bitch!

So, it was fate, and good for my awareness to attend the Monday SRI workshop after the gate. It opened my perspective to understanding how important SRI, truly is. Now to take that to the next level and put it into practice. Whoa that is a bit scary for me. AND just writing this, I can feel the resistance. My mind trying to keep me comfortable. But this time, remembering to lead with my heart and follow my intentions... I WILL keep this candle lit through all the future mind fuck and challenges.

Bring it on bitch, I’m pushing through this one!

1 comment:

Have Gratitude said...

Today as my back was letting me know there is something going on, I did some more stage 1. How liberating it is to know that I can use my own body and breath to relieve the tension. Wahoo!