Sharing my JOURNEY....

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Work, work, work with no play –BOO!



Ever since I moved to Florida, it has been, work, work, and work. From coming in from out of state, oblivious to the reality of the situation here in Accounting; replacing my predecessor and cleaning up her massive mess, all I’ve done is work, clean and work some more.

Things are running so well in Accounting that I believe that I finally can breathe more. Yes, things come up, and shit goes sideways from time to time. More so than I’d like to admit. But I can multi-task and find those solutions I seek. –Thank you for that.

It’s time! It’s time to start playing more. I know that I’ve said this before, and I’ve made a valiant effort at it, but I always seemed to revert back to work, work and more work. BUT, not this time! 

Last weekend, my really close friend & I, went to Oleta State Park and discovered a new spot for kayaking and mountain bike riding.  I’ve kayaked for many years in WA in the lakes and some of the ocean but never in Florida. Mia my Vizsla loves to kayak, and I haven’t gone as I am concerned about alligators and wildlife targeting my dog as a snack. Sooooo we went and did some recon first; to scope out this park and its amenities. --I’m excited as I now have a wonderful spot to discover… at least until we discover another spot. There is a canal of mangroves leading out to the ocean and these islands. To finally get off the land and start discovering the open ocean and its small surrounding islands along this coast. 

This doesn't look far in the picture as I zoomed in a bit, but I'm guessing that I could spend an entire day playing in the water.

No comments: