Sharing my JOURNEY....

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Snorkeling in Key West

I cannot even begin to tell all about my experience in the Keys this weekend. --First off, it was so nice to unplug and unwind! No phones, nobody no demands, just peace and quiet. My super good friend and I rented a place with a kitchenette. It was nice. Everything was there for me to cook and refrigerate anything I couldn't eat in its entirety.

We simply did nothing but bike ride the island and discover many parts of Key West. The last time I was down this way, I didn't get an opportunity to explore... I was only there over night. -Too short. BUT this time I stayed from Friday until Monday. Again, we brought the bikes, so we could cover more ground. AND we had the time to visit all the "tourist" spots. Not to mention the exploration of all the beautiful architect of the city, and taste some of the culture.

We found the best Key Lime pie at a place called Mangos -Perhaps I may have been drinking, but I loved it so much, we ate 2 slices. We even went back the next night and bought a whole pie to take home. -Yum. That was devoured in a few days! Pie for Dinner and Desert! -No regrets.

We also discovered this little hole in the wall that severed the most yummy Japanese Noodles -Kojin Noodle Bar. This little jem is the shit! Super friendly staff, A+ service & the food was very authentic. Not bad for the Florida Keys!

By far the best experience I had during this trip was the Dry Tortugas -we spent an entire day exploring this 19th century fort and snorkeling for hours, and hours. The salt water killed my hair, but nothing that some good old hair product couldn't restore. I would do it again if I get back down there!

Here's to playing more!

No comments: