Sharing my JOURNEY....

Thursday, January 22, 2015

It was the principle…

I bought a “project house” in August 2014. I gutted it down to only a few original walls. I had a plan… the plan was to be in the house at the end of the term of my lease; January 31, 2015. After all it was the first of September (Actually 8/26) by the time I closed, and I was handed the keys. The mission to find impact windows doors…

I knew better when MadarisWindows & Doors missed the first appointment, and arrived late to the second appointment. I knew, but I really felt like the salesman “Chris” was being genuine with my concerns & clear about the answers he was providing. As a representative of the company, he talked a good game, and I felt that he knew the industry… I had been researching for a month. I hired MadarisWindows & Doors out of Del Ray Beach on 10/6. This was a big investment, & I wanted to make sure I was working with a company who was creditable, represented a quality product & had integrity and stood 100% behind their work. Sure I received low ball offers, and higher offers but whatever… I made my choice. --moving on. According to Chris, I had about 3 weeks to complete demolition before the windows and doors were going to be started, but things were delayed, not because I didn’t plan accordingly, not because things popped up. Oh, they did! --I had cushioned timing for those surprises. 2 extra weeks actually!


Madaris didn’t once try to contact me. Three weeks went by and I was already calling the office as my salesman had stopped responding to my emails. I still didn’t get answers. I got… Oh so and so didn’t call you. This went on for weeks. At some point, All Floridian (a sub-contracted company) came out on site and started our project. I think mid-November. The progress was super slow, my back doors had been removed at this point and slowly the blocking began and progressed… did I say? SLOWLY! My house was open and vulnerable as it was no longer secured and hadn’t been for 6 weeks. Without getting into the details, because Madaris claims that the manufacturer had delays… and because of delays…

I’m so pissed that I’m inconvenienced in renting my place for one more month. Ugh… I REALLY wanted out. So, now I have to spend another $2150 + make a house payment in the month of February because of the manufacturers delays. Grrrrr I am not happy about how I’m being treated AND how my windows & doors are still not finished.
Of course the timing situation didn’t work out as I planned… but part of me wonders if Madaris and their staff are being honest. 

Did the manufacturer truly have delays?  
When did the doors actually get ordered from Madaris?
Were they ordered with another order?

The real question for me is… did they get ordered when they received the 2nd of my 3 installment in the 2nd week of October? My doors arrived last week? So the manufacturer took 2 months? My salesman said 6-8 weeks for the start to finish of this project. I hear the company sold to someone else in October 2015, and I call bull shit and can’t believe anything that Madaris is telling me until they ACTUALLY follow through and… get the permit that is specified in my contract, finish the job, fix and complete my warranty work.

No comments: