Sharing my JOURNEY....

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Letting go and loving you! Are you doing that?

There is such a fine line and a strong distinction between learning to set “you” free by letting go and loving yourself. Loving “you” what does that mean?

For me… it means so many different things on so many different levels. On the surface it’s the easy stuff; good hygiene, healthy diet, exercise, and being presentable…etc. But let’s go a bit deeper shall we? What about setting healthy boundaries for you and others, maybe taking time out to get a massage or a pedicure, what about doing the things that bring a SMILE to your face or something you love!

On another level those things are good but I am talking about even deeper than that; on the inside. Breathe work and quieting down that “monkey mind” That’s what I call it anyways. It could be different for others but either way it’s the internal conversations that we have with ourselves on a conscience level. Should we, shouldn’t we… you know what I’m talking about right? Either way that internal dialogue we have can sometimes keep us in that comfort zone… that circle that we can draw about 2 feet around us. It’s what’s on the outside of that circle that allows us to grow and experience new things. (Some good and some not so good) but that’s a whole different topic.

I can remember a time that my mind would go and go and go and go and I swear no matter what I did, my mind wouldn’t ever just shut OFF! Our minds are amazing! How the internal filters work unconsciously and the ideas and creativity that evolve from our inner most thoughts or behaviors. With some conscience effort, just as I did, you can calm that monkey mind down so it’s more peaceful. But let’s really get down deep with our inner most habits that stop us from truly loving you for you.

In life some of us are taught things through the way our parents/peers live and do things, some of us are out of control and are at the mercy of the people in our lives or maybe not in our lives, maybe there are those of us who had to grow up and take on adult responsibility as a child, whatever the experience may be, it seems to me that we lose a bit of ourselves along the way and our sense of our importance falls by the wayside; sometimes taking care of others becomes first and foremost and we forget about ourselves.

Loving on all levels is very important to one’s health and well being. I would encourage you to turn off that TV, video game, ipad, or whatever it may be that is distracting you from listening to the core of our own spirit. If your quiet and give yourself some attention, the voice gets louder. Our deeper most inner self wants to be loved and nourished. I say take the time for you, even if it’s only 15 minutes. You deserve to be happy and isn’t that priceless? I think so and that’s why I am truly blessed and so grateful that the level of intelligence within me has grown beyond anything I would’ve ever imagined. To know that loving thy self is not only on the outside but also on the inside, and that I am doing what I need for ME!

I encourage you to take some time for “YOU”

No comments: