Sharing my JOURNEY....

Friday, January 11, 2008

Greatfulness

In life we all encounter our ups and our downs.... Where am I in this journey today?

Today I am full of gratitude! I will admit that I have been in a downward cycle in some self destructive days and in turn I have had the law of attraction give me more of what I focused on. -Not good. We all will have these slumps and when we are ready to get out of them is when the magic happens. Yesterday, I realized that I was allowing a certain person to take charge of my feelings. Why? …because I was emotionally attached to the mutual people we are connected by. Now I realize that I cannot control what another person does or says. I knew that but was blinded by my love for these kids. I'm sure by now you are asking who, is she talking about?

Well… It's my step-children Tommy and Tabi. Honestly, I never in a million years would ever have seen myself with step-children. Now I have 2 wonderful children in my life in which I am in love with. They live with their mother who is controlling, and is also verbally and emotionally abusive towards her children. -Double whammy for the kids because her husband is also this way.

It kills me to see a mother who can do the things that not only the kids describe but also their counselor describes happens in the household, and Washington state law has high standards in order to remove the children from this environment. We tried, we were denied. This is where my cycle started…..

Today is a fresh and rejuvenated day for me as I realize that the kids' mother is just psychologically missing a few screws. She is lacking something in her life and no matter how hard we try to fix it, we will never be able to do that. Now I understand that emotional attachment to her is liberating for me to be able to remove myself from that! My energy is for me and what I choose to do with it. Undoubtedly, I have been choosing the wrong things to focus on. Today I understand that sometimes I allow myself to get sucked into another persons' dysfunction and that I really should be careful on what or whom I allow to take over my emotions. Bottom line that person is me. I am holding myself responsible to keep my emotions to healthy and productive things in my life.

I have a great big dish of gratitude to Lifepath Unlimited for bringing the useful tools that I utilize in my life. Thank you to the Luminaries of this program to sharing your experience and journey so that others like me can benefit.

My gratitude is for my family in being patient, my husband who with his words has given me the strength in understanding what I can and cannot do about his ex-wife and understanding the dis-attachment that needed to be done.

Gratitude is a state of being in which I am in today!

No comments: